1 year (August 1 to July 31)
By the General Membership
Board Advisor must have previously held another board position.
The Board Advisor will oversee the Commissioners and will have the authority to act in an emergency situation if a Commissioner cannot be contacted. This position is entitled to one vote.
- Represent RMDA in a manner befitting a Board member.
- Have full knowledge of RMDA rules and have said rules readily available.
- Attend scheduled meetings:
- Monthly board meetings
- Grievance/Appeals meetings
- General Meetings/Banquets
- Awards Banquets
- Advise Board concerning all facets of RMDA functions including:
- Rules, ethics and policies
- Board Members
- Maintain communications with Commissioners:
- Oversee Commissioners
- Mentor new Commissioners
- Assist Commissioners in attending league matches
- Assist Commissioners in communications with membership
- Represent Board at all City Cup matches, unless otherwise designated.
- Notify Board in a timely manner of any problem or potential problem that may have occurred or may occur:
- Forward protests, petitions and/or grievances to appropriate board member(s).
- Respond to communications appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Represent voice of Commissioners when the appropriate Commissioner cannot be contacted.
- Represent players’ best interests while adhering to RMDA rules.
- Ensure inspection of all RMDA Sponsoring Establishments.
- Actively participate on 1 RMDA committee.