1 year (August 1 to July 31)
Annually by the Board
The Tournament Director serves as chair of the tournament committee. The tournament committee shall plan and manage all RMDA sponsored tournaments. This position is not entitled to a vote.
- Represent RMDA in a manner befitting a Board member.
- Have full knowledge of RMDA rules and have said rules readily available.
- Attend scheduled meetings:
- Monthly Board meetings
- Monthly Tournament Committee meetings
- General meetings/Awards banquets
- Provide a monthly report to the Board
- Tournament committee meeting notes
- Upcoming tournaments
- Accurate financial results of tournaments
- Actively recruit tournament committee members
- Work with the tournament committee in all facets of planning and running all RMDA sponsored tournaments
- Work within approved budget to plan tournaments
- Advertise and promote RMDA tournaments
- Actively work to obtain sponsorship for tournaments
- Collect tournament entry fees
- Work with Treasurer
- Ensure accuracy of tournament financial reporting
- After balancing all monies collected, turn over to Treasurer to deposit.
- Actively work to collect outstanding monies owed.
- Work with ADO Representative
- Apply for ADO sanctioning for all open tournaments with payouts of $1000 or more.
- Ensure that ADO tournament reporting is completed in a timely manner
- Notify Board in a timely manner of any problem or potential problem that may have occurred or may occur:
- Forward protests, petitions and/or grievances to appropriate board member(s).
- Respond to communications appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Represent players’ best interests while adhering to RMDA and ADO rules.