1 year (August 1 to July 31)
By the General Membership
Each of the elected Commissioners shall be a field representative to administer RMDA policies and serves as a mentor to new players. Each is entitled to one vote.
- Represent RMDA in a manner befitting a Board member.
- Have full knowledge of RMDA rules and have said rules readily available
- Attend scheduled meetings:
- Monthly board meetings
- Grievance/Appeals meetings
- General Meetings/Awards Banquets
- Communicate with the Statistician:
- To maintain correct player and team information
- To inform Statistician of rescheduled matches
- To maintain correct statistics information
- Work with Statistician to create schedule for “Doubles” division each season
- Attend “Doubles” division league matches:
- Ensure all teams in the “Doubles” division are visited by a commissioner
- Visit every sponsoring establishment in the “Doubles” division.
- Have cell phone on or be accessible during matches for the “Doubles” division.
- Show impartiality when attending league matches for the “Doubles” division.
- Attend majority of “Doubles” division play-off matches.
- Represent Board at all City Cup matches, unless otherwise designated
- Respond to communications appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain communications with “Doubles” division captains and players:
- Team schedules
- Petitions, protests and grievances
- Players’ questions or concerns
- Clarify questions on rules and/or sportsmanship
- Facilitate problem solving between captains when appropriate.
- Notify Board in a timely manner of any problem or potential problem that may have occurred or may occur.
- Forward protests, petitions and/or grievances to appropriate board member(s).
- Represent “Doubles” division players’ best interests while adhering to RMDA rules.
- Maintain communications with Board Advisor.
- Assist in inspections of RMDA Sponsoring Establishments.
- Actively participate on 1 RMDA committee.